Tuesday 16 April 2013

LittleItaly


1 Duke St Richmond TW9 1HP
If Italian food is your thing this is a must try. I was in Richmond today with my mum and sister contemplating where we wanted to have lunch. Luckily, we found this little gem situated on Duke Street. It is filled with colourful foods that you can not take your eyes off. I was struggling to choose what to eat. They have it all from pastas (using all sorts such as squid ink, fresh, even spelt!) to ciabattas, soups and wonderful salads. I felt like I had been transported to Italy. 


There is a little seating area upstairs with some nice Italian cookbooks to flick through while you wait. I ended up going for a mix antipasti salad with rocket, baby artichokes, tricolore salad (and I ate all the raw tomatoes for the first time in my life!), garlic prawns and an amazing aubergine/mellizana with tomato and mozzarella. I was in heaven. 


The staff are super friendly and they have a few shelves stocked with lots of goodies to take away :) This is also a great place if you are in a rush and want to take-away, they can accomodate all your needs. I'd say for the food quality it is fairly priced at an average of £10 for a meal. A small price to pay for a satisfied stomach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment